We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
POSITION: Substance Use Disorder Specialist - Position #1164
PROGRAM: Visalia Reentry Center
LOCATION: 1845 S. Court St, Visalia CA 93277
HOURS: Temporary Full-Time
HIRING MANAGER: Frank Ruiz, Program Director
ADDRESS: 1845 S. Court St, Visalia CA 93277
PHONE: (559) 732-5550 - Fax: (559) 732-5574
REQUIREMENT: See attached job description
BASE PAY: Class 113 ($16.98 - $22.35/hour)
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: Until Filled
The Temporary Substance Use Disorder Specialist reports to the Program Director and will provide direct services to residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts group and individual counseling sessions for program clients and if needed, family members.
2. Conduct resident orientations.
3. Performs drug testing of clients as required.
4. Assists clients in attaining the goals on their treatment plans.
5. Documents services in required computer programs to meet program and contract criteria, as outlined in the program protocol.
6. Make written notes on client behavior noting significant interventions.
7. Conduct needs assessments and develop individualized treatment plans for residents.
8. Document resident progress toward goals and maintain on-going communication with placement agencies regarding such progress or lack of progress.
9. Assist residents in appropriate utilization of referral services.
10. Assist residents in release planning.
11. Implement appropriate disciplinary actions.
12. Possess the interpersonal skills required for effective interaction with residents.
13. Possess skills required to assist Monitors.
14. Attends meetings relevant to the program.
15. Ability to input into county or state EMR computer system if required.
16. Will drive on Agency business as directed.
17. Think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
18. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
19. Assist Center Manager as directed.
20. Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have one year of experience working with a criminal justice population in a substance abuse program.
3. Must have a current AOD certification/license from a certifying body approved by the State of California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) OR be licensed in the State of California as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) or Clinical Psychologist (LCP); OR currently registered as an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT), Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (APCC) or an Associate Social Worker (ASW).
4. Knowledge of substance abuse, addictions, and related disorders, and ability to effectively provide educational groups regarding the treatment of these disorders.
5. Must obtain CPR and First Aid certification within six (6) weeks of hire.
6. Ability to work effectively and professionally with program clients.
7. Must have experience in group counseling.
8. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
9. Ability to operate within Electronic Health Records (EHR) system.
10. Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization is required.
11. Ability to pass a criminal background check, pre-employment physical, drug screen, and TB test.
12. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting business,
Disclaimers: Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.