Monitor - Position #683 PROGRAM: Quest
House LOCATION: 2731
W. Olive Ave., Fresno, CA 93728 HIRING
Winnett, Program Director PHONE: (559)
72 ($11.63-$15.31 /hour) STATUS: Part-Time,
Hourly, Non-Exempt ACCEPTING
Filled AVAILABLE: Immediately
Security Monitor - Position #683
2731 W. Olive Ave., Fresno, CA 93728
Herb Winnett, Program Director
Class 72 ($11.63-$15.31 /hour)
Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Security Monitor reports to the Program Director and Casework Supervisor and is responsible for the supervision and monitoring of residents in a corrections-affiliated residential program for "Substance Abuse and Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment."
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide supervision and monitoring of residents.
2. Ensure residents are in compliance with rules and schedules.
3. Check residents in and out of the facility utilizing the appropriate forms.
4. Make written notes to document client behavior.
5. Document rounds, counts and inspections on the appropriate forms.
6. Answer the telephone and the door/gate.
7. Monitor the video surveillance system.
8. Assign and monitor client chore duties.
9. Detect and implement appropriate disciplinary reports and actions on client misbehavior and rule violations.
10. Perform other resident monitoring activities.
11. Perform some filing and general office duties.
12. Perform minor routine maintenance and cleaning duties.
13. Perform room, personal and vehicle searches as required.
14. Under the supervision of the Supervising Counselor or Program Director, monitors who are registered Counselors may be assigned to perform some counseling duties.
15. Will drive on Agency business as needed.
16. Think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
17. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
18. Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Current certified training in emergency first aid procedures and CPR.
3. Ability to legibly, accurately and appropriately document communications, behaviors and routine facility events as they occur.
4. Ability to report to work on short notice and have a means of communication that can be used to provide such notice.
5. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
6. Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization is required.
7. Ability to pass a criminal background check, pre-employment physical, drug screen, and TB test.
8. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to them in a professional manner.