We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
POSITION: Security Monitor
PROGRAM: Belgravia Center
LOCATION: 2904 E. Belgravia Ave, Fresno CA 93721
HIRING MANAGER: Jimmy Martinez, Center Manager
ADDRESS: 2904 E. Belgravia Ave, Fresno CA 93721
PHONE: (559) 334-6432 - FAX: (844) 264-1899
REQUIREMENT: See attached job description
BASE PAY: Class 78 ($12.35 - $16.25/hour)
APPLICATIONS: Until Filled
The Security Monitor reports to the Center Manager and is responsible for the supervision and monitoring of residents in a corrections-affiliated residential program while also providing direct services to clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide supervision and monitoring of residents.
2. Ensure residents are in compliance with rules and schedules.
3. Sign residents in and out of the facility utilizing the appropriate forms.
4. Make written notes to document client behavior.
5. Detect and implement appropriate disciplinary reports and actions on client misbehavior and rule violations.
6. Document rounds, counts and inspections on appropriate forms.
7. Conduct and document pat down, area, bag, vehicle and room searches.
8. Conduct and document interior and exterior security checks.
9. As necessary assist Caseworker with the delivery of resident services and activities.
10. Conduct and document urine and breath test of residents.
11. Answer the door and the Control Station telephone.
12. Will drive on Agency business which includes the transportation of residents.
13. Able to think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
14. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
15. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. CPR and First Aid certification.
3. Ability to legibly, accurately and appropriately document communications, behaviors and routine facility events as they occur.
4. Ability to work overtime as required.
5. Ability to report to work on short notice and have a means of communication that can be
used to provide such notice.
6. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
7. Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation
that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer
authorization is required.
8. Ability to pass a criminal background check.
9. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
10. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic
representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting
business, and relate to them in a professional manner.
Disclaimers: Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential
functions of the job requirements.