Secretary V (Bilingual Preferred) - Position #231
Dinuba Children's Services
144 South L Street, Dinuba, CA 93618
Denise Espinosa, Program Director
Monolingual: Class 60 ($12.08-$13.59/hour)
Bilingual: Class 65 ($12.21 - $14.28/hour)
Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Secretary V reports to the Program Director and is responsible for general secretarial and bookkeeping duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answer the telephone and serve as a receptionist as assigned.
2. Employees shall follow the reporting requirements for incidents of Child Abuse, Elder Abuse, Adult Abuse, Dependent Adult Abuse, and Tarasoff warnings per California reporting laws.
3. Contact the parents of consumers and or consumers to confirm, cancel or reschedule appointments.
4. Maintain electronic health record information as needed.
5. Handle correspondence and distribute to staff.
6. Be able to obtain and verify health insurance information for consumers.
7. Be able to carry out profiting, scanning and faxing.
8. Perform general office duties.
9. Be able to think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
10. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
11. Will drive on Agency business.
12. Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each employee at Turning Point. Employees are expected to report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working. Employees also are expected to remain at work for their entire work schedule. Late arrival, early departure or other absences from scheduled hours are disruptive and must be avoided.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Program Director. Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two (2) years previous successful secretarial or office work experience.
3. Two (2) years of junior college with Business Administration/Secretarial major or completion of secretarial course in accredited business school preferred.
4. Communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken Spanish.
6. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculation.
7. Ability to type 55 wpm.
8. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
9. Ability to operate within Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
10. Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization is required.
11. Ability to pass a criminal background check.
12. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
13. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to them in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR BILINGUAL SKILL
1. Communicate effectively in written and spoken Spanish.
2. Required ability to communicate effectively with monolingual Spanish speaking clients and families for all clinical purposes.
3. Assist with phone calls for Spanish speaking clients.
4. Required to provide language translations for case managers and Physicians on a periodic basis.
5. Minimal adequate competency in the Spanish language as evidenced by successful passage of the TPOCC Spanish Competency Test.
6. Other translation tasks as required.