We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
POSITION: Residential Client Supervisor
PROGRAM: Kennemer Residential
LOCATION: 1100 Union Avenue, Bakersfield CA 93307
HIRING MANAGER: Ernesto Rosas, Facility Supervisor
ADDRESS: 1100 Union Avenue, Bakersfield CA 93307
PHONE: (661) 861-6111 - FAX: (844) 252-4942
BASE PAY: Class 79 ($12.47-$16.41/hour)
STATUS: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: Until Filled
The Residential Client Supervisor reports to the Center Manager and is responsible for the supervision and monitoring of clients in a corrections-affiliated residential program.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide supervision and monitoring of residents.
2. Ensure that residents comply with schedules.
3. Make written notes to document client behavior as per contract requirements for the program.
4. Document rounds, counts, and inspections on appropriate forms.
5. Answer the telephone and the door/gate.
6. Detect and implement appropriate disciplinary reports and actions on client misbehavior and rule violations.
7. Perform other resident monitoring activities.
8. Perform some filing and other general office duties.
9. Perform routine maintenance duties as needed.
10. Perform client urine sample collection, room, personal, and vehicle searches as scheduled.
11. Detect and report resident rule violations as they occur.
12. Count and record census in the log.
13. Visually observe inmate population.
14. Perform routine pat down searches of inmates.
15. Perform perimeter and room checks.
16. Visually observe the giving of urine for testing.
17. Thinks and acts quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
18. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
19. Will drive on Agency business.
20. Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two (2) years supervision experience or equivalent education/experience substitute.
3. Current certified training in emergency first aid.
4. Report for work on short notice and to have communication facilities available that can be used to provide such notice.
5. Read and write English at an eighth grade level.
6. Legibly, accurately and appropriately document communications, behaviors and routine facility events as they occur.
7. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
8. Ability to operate within Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
9. Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization is required.
10. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
11. Ability to pass a criminal background check.
12. Ability to work overtime as required.
13. Ability to complete and successfully pass examinations for all American Correctional Association correspondence courses offered by the community correctional program.
14. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to them in a professional manner.
Disclaimers: Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.