We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
POSITION: Psychiatric Technician Assistant #669 & #691
PROGRAM: Prairie House
LOCATION: 4475 Prairie Road, Paso Robles CA 93446
HIRING MANAGER: Jason Moore, Regional Director
ADDRESS: 4475 Prairie Road, Paso Robles CA 93446
PHONE: (805) 238-6139 - Fax: (805) 238-6259
REQUIREMENT: See attached job description
BASE PAY: Class 83 ($12.98 - $17.08/hour)
APPLICATIONS: Until Filled
The Psychiatric Technician Assistant reports to the Program Director and provides direct care
services specialized to assist residents of the program in achieving their treatment goals, under
the direct supervision of the Program Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in the accomplishment of the treatment plan for residents, under the
supervision of the Program Director.
2. Maintain appropriate case recording documentation as per agency and contract
guidelines including actions of resident misbehavior and rule violations.
3. Transport patients to doctors' appointments and laboratories for tests
4. Conduct daily living skills sessions and re-socialization activity groups.
5. Attend staff meetings as required, including weekly supervision meetings with the
6. Attend job-related conferences and also participate in a variety of in-service trainings,
seminars, and practicum.
7. Participate in carrying out individual and group treatment programs for residents and
encourage resident participation in treatment activities.
8. Motivate residents to develop self-reliance in daily living.
9. Observe patient's physical condition and behavior; report significant changes to the
10. Responsible for ensuring staffing ratio is at a minimum by being able to work any and
all shifts upon request.
11. Respond to emergency health situations in appropriate manner as defined by
emergency first aid training.
12. Will think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
13. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not
limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and
preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
14. Will drive on Agency business.
15. Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. High School diploma plus 18 college units in a social service, healthcare, education or
similar course of study and three (3) years' experience providing direct client services.
2. Associate of Arts degree in a social work course of study and two (2) years' experience
providing direct client services OR any four (4) year combination of experience and
education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to
motivate clients to complete their program goals.
3. Must meet the minimum age of 21 pursuant to California Health & Safety Code Section
4. Communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
5. Ability to write acceptable progress reports required for treatment documentation.
6. Work effectively with diverse ethnic, religious, socio-economical, and professional
7. Competently provide direct services for Developmentally Disabled residents of the
8. Understand and apply principles and techniques involved in the care and treatment of
individuals or groups of Developmentally Disabled clients.
9. Recognize contraindications, side-effects, and signs of medication complications and
report to the Program Director.
10. Analyze potentially dangerous situations accurately and take effective action.
11. Provide input to the Program Director and/or QMRP-SW as relates to the treatment
programs for the residents.
12. Understand and follow written and oral directions.
13. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
14. Must be certified in emergency first aid procedures prior to working alone with any
15. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
16. Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation
that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer
authorization is required.
17. Ability to pass a criminal background check.
18. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
19. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic
representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting
business, and relate to them in a professional manner.
Disclaimers: Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.
"For more information about this job please contact Regional Director, Jason Moore at (707) 463-8346 or email him at email@example.com."