Peer Support Assistant I - Position #39
117 North R Street #103, Madera, CA 93637
Alfonso Lopez, Program Director
Class 71 ($13.47 - $15.16/hour)
Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Peer Support Assistant I reports to the Program Director and completes the assigned duties for the operation Hope House.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve as peer mentor and liaison for consumers of MCBHS through outreach, support, and assistance.
2. Offer orientation meetings and tours to new participants of Hope House and assist with intake procedures.
3. Knowledgeable of wellness, recovery, and resilience practices.
4. Serve as receptionist, offer hospitality, answer phones, and complete other office tasks as needed.
5. Help maintain a clean and orderly environment.
6. Prepare client snacks and meals.
7. Attend staff meetings and briefings
8. Thinks and acts quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
9. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
10. Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each employee at Turning Point. Employees are expected to report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working. Employees also are expected to remain at work for their entire work schedule. Late arrival, early departure or other absences from scheduled hours are disruptive and must be avoided.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Program Director or his designees. Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Knowledge of existing Community resources for Madera County.
2. Skills that will contribute to the mission and development of Hope House.
3. CPR, First Aid, Mental Health First Aid training.
4. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office.
5. Ability to collect and report data related to program goals and outcomes.
6. Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization is required.
7. Ability to operate an agency vehicle.
8. Ability to pass a criminal background check.
9. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
10. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to them in a professional manner.