We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PROGRAM: Visalia Reentry Center
LOCATION: 1845 S. Court St, Visalia CA 93277
HIRING MANAGER: Frank Ruiz, Program Director
ADDRESS: 1845 S. Court St, Visalia CA 93277
PHONE: (559) 732-5550 - Fax: (844) 327-8496
REQUIREMENT: See attached job description
BASE PAY: Class 74 ($11.87 - $15.62/hour)
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: Until Filled
The Monitor reports to the Program Director and is responsible for the supervision and monitoring of residents in a licensed adult residential alcohol and/or drug abuse recovery or treatment program while also providing direct services to clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide supervision and monitoring of residents.
2. Ensure residents are in compliance with rules and schedules.
3. Sign residents in and out of the facility utilizing the appropriate forms.
4. Make written notes to document client behavior.
5. Detect and implement appropriate disciplinary reports and actions on client misbehavior and rule violations.
6. Document rounds, counts and inspections on appropriate forms.
7. Conduct and document pat down, area, bag, vehicle and room searches.
8. Conduct and document interior and exterior security checks.
9. As necessary assist Substance Abuse Specialist with the delivery of resident services and activities.
10. Conduct and document urine and breathe testing of residents.
11. Answer the door and the Control Station telephone.
12. Think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
13. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
14. Will drive on Agency business which includes the transportation of residents.
15. Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Must complete CPR and First Aid certification within 6 weeks of hire.
3. Ability to report to work on short notice and have a means of communication that can be used to provide such notice.
4. Ability to work overtime as required.
5. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
6. Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization is required.
7. Ability to pass a criminal background check.
8. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
9. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to them in a professional manner.
Disclaimers: Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.