Job Placement Coordinator - Position #876
Silver Star - WIOA
115 E. San Luis St. Salinas, CA 93901
Perla Zepeda, Program Director
Class 121 ($18.94 - $24.92/hour)
Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Job Placement Coordinator reports to the Program Director under the supervision of the Lead Job Placement Coordinator. The Job Placement Coordinator works closely with the employer community in marketing program services, clients and developing job opportunities for program participants. The Job Placement Coordinator assists job seekers in preparation for securing and retaining employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops job leads and arranges interviews.
- Coordinates appropriate and efficient job placement.
- Conducts employment related workshops.
- Provides Work Experience site development.
- Prepares Work Experience training agreements.
- Oversees Work Experience progress.
- Coordinates all Work Experience related paperwork transactions.
- Coordinates all Work Experience payroll transactions.
- Provides individual and group job-related instruction and mentoring.
- Provides Employer and Community awareness education.
- Provides case management services for assigned caseload.
- Maintains case files in accordance with contracts and Turning Point policy.
- Develops and maintains an Employer Database.
- Collects and disseminates Labor Market information.
- Provides outreach and recruitment activities.
- Completes and submits all WIOA paperwork to the Office for Employment Training.
- Assists in preparing and monitoring all participant status rosters and related forms.
- Completes orientation checklist and prepares orientation folders.
- Sets up new client files and performs file maintenance in accordance with contract procedures.
- Assists with maintaining database of initial inquiry and placement statistics.
- Assists with updating in-house rosters and statistical reports.
- Conducts follow-up of exited clients.
- Coordinates and purchases client support services.
- Assists in maintaining all office files.
- Works cooperatively with the Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT) in participant service delivery.
- Cross-trains in other positions as program needs dictate.
- Observes all contract regulations and Turning Point personnel policies and procedures.
- Attends training seminars as required.
- Drives on Agency business.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each employee at Turning Point. Employees are expected to report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working. Employees also are expected to remain at work for their entire work schedule. Late arrival, early departure or other absences from scheduled hours are disruptive and must be avoided
- Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Associate of Arts degree or equivalent education/experience in business, counseling, social service, or related field.
- Ability to work with and develop jobs for court-involved youth ages 16 to 24.
- Knowledge of the employer community and the local labor market.
- Ability to work in the community with limited supervision.
- Mature judgment and sound assessment skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with confidentiality, integrity and tact.
- Possession of valid driver's license and access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated per requirements of all laws.
- Must be able to use personal vehicle for Agency business.
- Ability to use the equipment necessary to complete the responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to pass drug screen.
- Must be able to obtain criminal records clearance check.
- Ability to maintain good relationships with clients, co-workers, employers and all other individuals with whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to them in a professional manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team cooperating with supervisor and co-workers in order to provide the optimum customer service.
- Must be available by cell phone as needed while on duty.