Direct Service Professional - Position #1475, 1476
1017 La Serenata, Nipomo, CA 93444
Alexandria Jones, Program Director
Class 90 ($13.92 - $18.31/hour)
Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Psychiatric Technician Assistant reports to the Program Director and provides direct care services specialized to assist residents of the program in achieving their treatment goals, under the direct supervision of the Program Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in the accomplishment of the treatment plan for residents, under the supervision of the Program Director.
2. Maintain appropriate case recording documentation as per agency and contract guidelines including actions of resident misbehavior and rule violations.
3. Transport patients to doctors' appointments and laboratories for tests
4. Conduct daily living skills sessions and re-socialization activity groups.
5. Attend staff meetings as required, including weekly supervision meetings with the Program Director.
6. Attend job-related conferences and also participate in a variety of in-service trainings, seminars, and practicum.
7. Participate in carrying out individual and group treatment programs for residents and encourage resident participation in treatment activities.
8. Motivate residents to develop self-reliance in daily living.
9. Observe patient's physical condition and behavior; report significant changes to the Program Director.
10. Responsible for ensuring staffing ratio is at a minimum by being able to work any and all shifts upon request.
11. Will think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
12. Respond to emergency health situations in appropriate manner as defined by emergency first aid training.
13. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
14. Will drive on Agency business.
15. Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each employee at Turning Point. Employees are expected to report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working. Employees also are expected to remain at work for their entire work schedule. Late arrival, early departure or other absences from scheduled hours are disruptive and must be avoided.
16. Other duties as assigned by the Program Director. Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. High School diploma plus 18 college units in a social service, healthcare, education or similar course of study and three (3) years' experience providing direct client services. OR
2. Associate of Arts degree in a social work course of study and two (2) years' experience providing direct client services OR any four (4) year combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to motivate clients to complete their program goals.
3. Must meet the minimum age of 21 pursuant to California Health & Safety Code Section 1562.
4. Communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
5. Ability to write acceptable progress reports required for treatment documentation.
6. Work effectively with diverse ethnic, religious, socio-economical, and professional groups.
7. Competently provide direct services for Developmentally Disabled residents of the facility.
8. Understand and apply principles and techniques involved in the care and treatment of individuals or groups of Developmentally Disabled clients.
9. Recognize contraindications, side-effects, and signs of medication complications and report to the Program Director.
10. Analyze potentially dangerous situations accurately and take effective action.
11. Provide input to the Program Director and/or QMRP-SW as relates to the treatment programs for the residents.
12. Understand and follow written and oral directions.
13. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
14. Must be certified in emergency first aid procedures prior to working alone with any client.
15. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
16. Ability to operate within Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
17. Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization is required.
18. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
19. Ability to pass a criminal background check.
20. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to them in a professional manner.